Monday, March 14, 2016

Door Posts

Today I started with the Door Posts.
First I removed the Bondo with a old screwdriver.

 Then I used a grinder with a wire brush fitted to remove the paint. The seem  of the rear fender to the door post was flush It seemed that there was also bondo applied to fill the gap. So I removed it.
And I found some holes that were covered. Only on the passenger side.
 Below you can see the Drive side after removing the paint.
 Then with a grinder and a chisel I removed The bad part. To get access to the panel below I had to cut out a pice of the rear fender.
 After cleaning the area I started with cutting a piece of metal to fit in the hole.
I tacked it in place and did so with the piece of the fender that was cut out. And the I finished welding it.
 Next I ground the welds flush.
 Then I did about the same with the bottom of the passenger side.
So tomorrow I will attack the upper of this door post.

No comments:

Post a Comment