Thursday, June 2, 2016

The doors

Today I worked on the doors.
Both are taken apart to the last bolt. This was done because we need to paint the whole car and to inspect the doors for rust.

We started with the driver side.
 The door handles and window crank are removed and the door card.
 Under the door card we had to remove the sound deadening material. To get access to the inside of the door.
 We were than able to remove the glass and the complete window mechanism including the door lock.
 What remains is a complete stripped door and it's much lighter to handle.
 Next came the passenger door and the same tack tick was used as before.
And the my smartphone died on me. So I was no mare able to take pictures.

As soon as the doors  were empty I took the hinges and mounted them back on the car. And the the doors were mounted.
It all looks like its fitting. So I continued and mounted the passenger side front fender in place.

I'll post some pictures of it tomorrow with my new phone.

Well Here they are.
 The Fender needs to be mount a bit higher and the, the door. But all by all it is looking good.

No comments:

Post a Comment