Tuesday, September 13, 2016

and they are finished

So today I continued sanding on the doors.
 I started sanding the driver side door, the character line that was wrong.
After sanding I applied a coat of primer and started sanding the other door.
 As soon as the other door was done I switched to the drivers door again and sanded the primer that I applied earlier.
Now the door are sanded with 1200 grid on the outside/
 I then flipped the doors and started sanding the inside of the doors.
 This is one door after I applied a coat of primer.
 And the sanding continues with the other door. As you can see in the picture there are some areas where the black paint is coming trough the filler. Its because of this black paint that i apply a coat of primer. Its is not as resistant to thinner as normal lacquer.
 Here the last door is coated with some primer.
 After the primer has dried I gave them a light sanding with 1200 grid paper.
This means that we now can continue with the next step.
A few small parts need some light sanding an then...

No comments:

Post a Comment