Thursday, September 8, 2016

Learned a new trick.

Well after 30 year of working on cars I learned a new trick.
But first things first.
I started with sanding the fender from yesterday with 1200 grid paper.
 And then I Started on the other fender.
But as you can see in the picture I had made an error while spraying the filler.
I got a massive runner.
 So I started sanding the inner edges.
 And next I i continued with the top of the fender like I did yesterday. But there is that massive runner. The trick I learned from a coworker is with the blade of a boxcutter scraping the runner away until it is flat with the rest of the surface and then thoroughly sand the area with sandpaper until there is nothing more to see and feel.
 And voilĂ  away is the runner.
 Then the rest of the fender is sanded.
 And a coat of primer is applied on those surfaces that were sanded trough.

No comments:

Post a Comment