Thursday, December 22, 2016

clutch cable

Today I had access to the lathe so I made a plastic bushing for the pedals.
They are now operating without play.
The brake pedal was already working but the rest not so I did take care of that. This meant that I had to connect the Clutch cable from the pedal to the clutch lever under the car. Getting that cable in place was a challenge. But finally I got there. Mounting the cable to the bell housing I noticed that the exhaust was mounted very tight against the bell housing and the location of the cable. Now I know why it was wrapped with some kind of heat insulator. The wires they used to hold it in place were replace with some hose clamps.
The picture below should clarify a lot.
 Now that I was under the car I also installed the reinforcement plate and connected the handbrake cable . For this i had to make a small bracket to hold the cable in place in the balancing lever.
  Next I made a small bushing to connect the accelerator pedal to its linkage.
 I also reinstalled the pedal covers which have been removed for painting the pedal assembly.
For now this means that the handbrake is working, same for the accelerator pedal and the clutch pedal.

No comments:

Post a Comment