Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Making some bolts

Today I first made some electrical connections that I did not get done yesterday.
Then I searched for the blots to hold the end caps on the chocks.
 The bolt that was used was a slot bolt of a rather suspicious grade of metal. So I decided to make my own.
I took some bolts 3/8" UNC and a few washers of 14 mm. The head of the bolts fit it the 14 mm hole and will be welded to the bolt.
The washer was cut to a square, the bolt was welded and to the washer and a piece of angular rod was welded to the washer to fit in the slot.
 Next the bolts are spray painted with some galvanic alu paint to protect it from rusting.

 Next the chrome reinforcement to mount under the shock caps was cleaned with some Coke and alu paper to remove the rust. All it needs is some protective coat of clear to prevent it from rusting again.

No comments:

Post a Comment