Thursday, October 27, 2016

wheels

Today I stopped early at work so I had a lot of time for the car.
The first thing I did was finishing the sound deadening placement in the car.
 And then I got the fuel line and removed all the crud from it  Sanded it and painted it with a Galvanic paint.
 While the paint is drying I took the rear axle and put it on the transmission stand. I made sure that it was firmly hold in place with some straps.
 In the mean time the fuel line was dry and I mounted it in place. Then I positioned the rear axle under the car, placed some rests under the car and removed the stand that the car was resting on at the rear.
 Then the axle was bolted in place the springs were mounted and the chock absorbers were mounted. The sway bar was mounted to the chassis and then I mounted the rear wheels.
At the front of the car the frame supporting the chassis was removed and the wheels are mounted in place.
So now the car is back on its wheels again after almost a year.
 This is a picture from the other side.
 And one from the underside.
 And an other one from the rear.
 Next I bolted the clutch back to the engine and mounted the starter motor. I then looked at the Hand break cable and it should be replaced. I will be mounting a new cable soon, before I can bolt in the transmission.
 So for now I continued with the interior of the car. Laying the rear wire loom bakc in its place.
And then the day came to an end.
That's it for this week. Next week after the holiday we will continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment