Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Sand blasting & first paint.

The day started not like I suspected it.
Due to some miscommunication the sand was not delivered.
So I had to go and get it myself.
But finally I was able to get the car in the blasting area.
But then the machine would not cooperate and had to be repaired.
But finally at midday I was able to start the sand blasting.
 After a while the whole car was done outside ,inside and underside.
 Blasting also revealed some spots that were rusted trough. Like on the front of the rocker panel.
 And on the top of the car near the location of the rear window , rear fender and Trunk lid.
 These location will be taken care of at a later date.
Now its time to paint.
We used a good epoxy primer to seal the metal from the air and to prevent rusting again.
In the early evening the painting was finally done. I painted everything in 3 coats. The whole care So I had to crawl under it while painting the under side, 3 times.
But it got done and here is the result.
A view from the rear
 A view from the rear side
 The under side.
 The inside.
 The front.
 And the engine bay.
Now we let the paint to cure over night and continue the work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment