Friday, August 12, 2016

More parts and a few loose ends.

I started with the fitting and sanding of the tail end pieces above the taillights.
 After I deed one side I had to add filler to the other and also filled in the section under the trunk lid.
 On the transmission tunnel there were a few holes. They seemed like they were made with a chisel. They are used for the condensation exhaust for the air cooler system. So I took a step drill and drilled them out to a nice round hole.
 Then I made a few plates on which I welded a nipple on which the leak tubes can be mounted.
 And then after some more sanding I finished the end pieces.
 So the next thing on my list was the Trunk lid. It was sanded and sealer was applied to the seems.
 With the remainder of the sealer I glued in the pieces to the transmission tunnel.
 On both sides.
With the trunk lid removed its now time to sand the rear panel.
So you now what we are doing next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment