Wednesday, November 18, 2015

First Inner Rocker Panel

Today I first started with the removal of the inner Rocker panel  or what's left of it. I also decided that from now I will work on the right side only. As soon the inner rocker panels and rocker boxes are in place agin I will turn my attention to the left side.
 Next I disconnected the leaf spring from the rear axle
 Then the front frame is cut in order to be able to remove the tube connecting front and rear.
 Then the rear rocker box is cut out.
 The next picture was taken to show that the previous repairs were badly made. If you look closely you're able to see that the rocker panel at the rear is slightly bent.
It is however not to bad and can be repaired.
 Then the last part of the inner rocker is cut out.

 And then I started with grinding the edge of the rocker clean.

And that's it for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment