Thursday, November 26, 2015

Rocker in place

Yesterday I wrote that the rocker was wrong. This morning at work they told me that I could alter it and so I did.
I marked the spot where the door sill is and started drilling out the spot welds.  Then I made a cut from 0 - 2 cm as long as the door sill is. The small part was bend down.
 Then it was welded enterly and the welds were ground down. Below the result.
So the next thing I did was putting the rocker together with the rocker box in place. I made sure that everything was lined up the way it should. And started welding.
 After a while of welding this is the result. The rocker and rocker box are welded in place.
 Around the rocker box are some gaps that need to be filled with some sheet metal.
I now can turn my attention to the rear rocker box.

No comments:

Post a Comment