Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Troubled.

Today I started with the trial fitting of the rocker box. It fitted and then I started drilling the holes for spot welding.
So next I tried to mount it in place together with the rocker and noticed that in the door opening the flange would rise above the door sill .
So I started made some measurements and the rocker is 152 mm high The outer rocker that is still in place is about 140 mm high. That is a difference of 12 mm (1/2").
I looked in the catalog to see if there was a clear picture in it of how it should be. It was not but I did see that there are 2 different rockers one for pré 69 cars and one for above 69.
Tomorrow I will ask the dealer if they have other rockers that have a better fit. The ones I got now do not.

No comments:

Post a Comment