Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Airco drains

Today I started with the installation of the airco drain tubes.
I've got a flexible tube and a spiral which I will use to prevent the tube from closing in tied bents.

 I started with the passenger side. I cut a piece off flexible tube and a piece of the spiral that was a few cm shorter.
It fits like a glove.
Then I tried to do the same with the driver side and there it went wrong.
The outlet of the box is close to the outlet in the tunnel. Both tubes are in the same position horizontal and vertical but they are a few centimeters apart.
So installing the flex tube did not work.
Then I tried to make a bent tube from some hydraulic tube laying around. But at the end that did not work either.
So finally I ended up cutting pieces of that hydraulic tube at an angle and weld them back together in a tied bent s shape.
This piece will fit using the flexible tube to make the connections. But the paint has to dry.
I also looked at the ground cable. That will somehow have to be connected to the car and engine. That is a necessity to make sure that all electrics will work properly.




No comments:

Post a Comment