Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Ashtray part 2

Today I had my car full with Mustang parts.
Almost the complete interior of the mustang was in my car to move the parts to an other location including the windshield.
Now all the parts are at the same location as the car and the work can continue.
 So back to the ashtray. I applied some filler to the area that i welded in yesterday. To give it an as smooth look as possible. While the filler was hardening ( which is difficult in below 0°C, so I had to turn the heater on) I drilled some hole in the insert plate I made yesterday, after determining the right location for the switches.
 Then I made a cover plate to fill the holes on the inside. Both parts are spot welded together.
 Then I sanded the outside cover smooth and applied a coat of primer to both surfaces.
 After that paint dried I painted it satin black.
And that was it for today . The paint must now dry and then...

No comments:

Post a Comment