Thursday, January 26, 2017

Altering the gearbox support.

The main reason for jacking up the car is that the gearbox barely clears the opening in the tunnel for the gear-change lever.
So today I jacked up the gearbox just enough to get the pressure of the bolts.
Then the support could be dismounted.
The bracket for the handbrake is sitting between the gearbox and the silent-bloc.
 If I remove that plate I could win 3 mm that the gearbox comes lower thus getting more clearance with the tunnel. So I cut off a few pieces, Bent it somewhat and then welded that piece to the silent bloc while preventing for the rubber to overheat.
Some paint and the thing looks like new.
 Then everything had to go back on the car. It took some time but we got it back installed.
 Then I looked back at the interior where I installed a small fuse box for the airco and NOS Then All the wires are tucked away and the left speaker was mounted back in place.
 One cable is still visible and that is for the emergency flasher switch. The mounting plate was a bit ugly so I had to clean it up and paint it again.
It now is ready to install.

No comments:

Post a Comment