Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Doors

Yesterday I mounted the drivers side door. And today I started with the windows of that door.
 The bottom rail holding the glass (not visible when it is mounted) has some surface rust.
That rust was removed and then painted it with galvanize paint.
 After the paint had died I started the assembly of the door. The small window was installed, the lock, door handle, Guide rails, the window and the window mechanism followed. Then the fit of the door was checked and regulated and the door catch was regulated.
For now the fit is OK it will be checked again while mounting the fender.
 As soon as the drivers side was done I started on the passenger side.
 After that the fit of this door was checked I glued in the seals of both doors.
Both doors are now installed and look great.

No comments:

Post a Comment