Thursday, November 10, 2016

Gearbox

First I glued the rubber seal to the trunk.
 Then I prepared everything to mount the trunk lid on the car.
 After the Bolts are connecting the hinges and the lid the work is not done.
I had to level the top of the trunk to the top of the car. The rear of the car need to be on the same distance as the rear pieces. And the gaps need to bee equally on all sides.
After I got everything right I had to put some more tension to the springs to hold the lid open. But it did not. After some careful inspection and looking at the pictures I pictures taken before. I decided to swap the springs around. That seemed to be the solution.
When the trunk is opened now it pops open and stays open so you can get something out of the trunk without it to come down on you.
 Then I went back to the underside of the car. The bolts of the pressure plate are torqued down and then I mounted the bell housing. Next I Took the Gearbox mounted it on the transmission hoist an  spooned it on the engine. It went on with out a hassle. The gearbox cross member is mounted and everything is bolted firmly in place.
So that's it for this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment