Monday, November 14, 2016

Exhaust.

Today I started with the driveshaft Cleaning and painting and the plate under the driveshaft connecting the seat base together.
While these parts were drying I cleaned the exhaust and redone some welds and repaired some brackets.
 Then everything was painted with a galvanize alu paint for rust protection and appearance.
 And then I started with mounting the driveshaft to the car. Followed with the exhaust since they were in to pieces I had to line everything up perfectly before welding so that the exhaust tips line up with the opening in the rear skirt.
I also made some brackets to mount the supports for the exhaust to the car.
The parking brake cable was also installed and the cable for the speedo.
Together with the clutch cable they need to be routed away from the exhaust. But that is for another day.
 In the picture below you are able to see that the exhaust is nicely centered in the rear skirt openings.
 Because I had some time left and I can not continue with the interior of the car 5 still waiting for some parts to arrive). I started mounting the drivers side door.

No comments:

Post a Comment