Thursday, November 17, 2016

Problems with the Hood.

Today I started with painting the brackets for the bumper.
 and some bolts and small items are painted.
 Then the front turn signal lights are mounted, The brackets for the bumper and some other  pieces were mounted. And then the Hood was mounted to the car.
 So next I started with aligning the hood to the fenders and cowl.
When I was checking the hood height I tightened some bolts bolts from the hinge to the inner fender. While tightening a suddenly heard a snap and the bolt keeps turning. After I did some checking it seemed that the nuts that are welded to the inner fender ( They are welded in the factory where this part was made) came loose. In order to solve this I need to remove the hood and then try to undo the bolts. Then I will need to make a plate with nuts welded on and glue that plate to the inner fender.
But that will be for after the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment