Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Hood hinges part 2

The first thing I did today was to bring up the car to height and take off the wheels.
Then I set the car down on blocks.
 This gives me the opportunity to reach under the fender and to drill the hole for the nuts to a diameter of 16 mm.
 I also painted the parts made yesterday. Then I made some washers. Large washers with a hole of 27 mm. The inside was chamfered to give clearance for the recess on the back of the hinge nuts in the fender.
 Then with the help of some TEC 7 ( a polyurethane glue ) glued them to the inner fender.

 Next I took the bolt made yesterday added some Glue and put them through the hole in the fender .
 Then i added some more glue on the other side before mounting the nut I made yesterday and tightened everything down.
Now I leave it alone for more then 24 hours to let the glue fully cure.

No comments:

Post a Comment