Saturday, February 18, 2017

A productive day.

Today I got a lot done.
First I installed the taillights .
Then the bumpers were prepared.
The inside of the bumpers were painted with a galvanic paint to protect them from rusting .
 I then looked for all the necessary hard ware to mount them in place. I also made some rubber washers to mount between the body and the body of the car.
This I did t protect the paint and plug the holes in the body for rain to enter.
 Then it's obvious that the bumpers were installed and the license plate light was mounted and connected to the wire loom.
The next thing was to mount the front bumper in place. But first I had to do a little modification to the brackets of the front bumper. In order to get them at the same location I had to elongate the 2 mounting holes.
Then the headlights were installed in the car and they got a rough adjusting . Later on these headlights will get properly adjusted at an other location. I do not have the necessary tools for that.
So the headlight covers came on next.
And next the hood was taken care off. The front chrome trim near the edge of the hood was installed. Then the securing pins for the hood were installed and aligned and the caver plates for the hole in the hood got its protection cover riveted in place with stainless rivets.
And finally the chrome FORD letters were installed back on the car.
 Looking at the front of the car and the rear it more and more resembles a proper Mustang.
This next coming week some more nice things will be done to the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment