Sunday, February 5, 2017

Brakes engine and more

It's past midnight now but this update has to be done .
I started the day by lowering the front of the car to the ground. Back on the front wheels.
 And then the rear gets jacked up again.
 And the wheels get taken off again?
 Yeah I'm trying to get the brake fluid in the car.
 My Son is helping me he got the honer to take place in the car and pump the pedal while I'm bleeding the brakes.
 Then we put the fuel in the car. About 20 liters.
 Then I put the battery in the car and the lights in the interior are shining.
Then it's time to start the car.
But wait ! I've a video of that process. The video is shy of 10 minutes long.
After the car is running I started fabricating a box for the windshield washer.
At the location where normally the water bag is located is now resting the MSD ignition box.
I took some measurements and started bending some metal.
 And fitting it in place. It will come near the lower chassis beam along side the radiator. It can not be made to high otherwise it will interfere with the fusebox mounted nearby.
 Tacking some side plates in
 Fitting again.
 And welding the box.
 On the bottom there is a drain where the pick-up can be mounted for the original pump. And on to I made a small piece of pipe for the filler. I also made the filler cap . Once in place they will be connected with a hose.
I also welded a few taps on the bottom to mount some bolts to keep the box at its place.
But that will have to wait until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment