Saturday, February 25, 2017

The last parts.

Today I started with the removal of the paper and masking tape. And the racing stripes are looking good.
 Then I went for the search of the wires that connect to the reserve light switch. And finally I found them.
I made them longer with some wires at hand and warped them in tape.
 In order to be able to connect the wire tor the switch I had to jack-up the care ones more. Then I was able to make the connection.
While the car was jacked up and me laying under it, I tightened up the handbrake cable and the clutch cable.
 The driver side door is not closing like it should. The gap is to big and the locking pin can not move any more to the inside. So I made a change to the catcher. On my mill I elongated the 2 mounting holes. Now I'm able to mount it more inside and the gap is less then before.
 Next I made a mold for the Mustang letter. And then installed the letters on the car.
 The reverse lights are now working. The hazard light are flashing. The brake lights were not working properly. One side did not burn. After some searching I found that the connector to the light was broken. One wire was broken off. Some soldering and now they work.
Only the flasher lights are not working and I suspect that the flasher relay is broken.
 I also installed the windshield wipers and cleaned the windows.
There are numerous other things I did but have forgotten to mention.
In other words the car is almost finished.
All that rests is making the turn signals work, installing the instrument cluster.
And the repaired paint job needs some polishing.
If all goes well .....

No comments:

Post a Comment