Monday, February 6, 2017

Prepearing for final sanding

Yes the car has been painted at an earlier stage.
But there are some flaws in the paint.
There is that crack near the rear taillight that needs repairing. The hood has some spots with almost no paint on it.
And there are a few other mishaps.
So I started with removing the tail lights.
 Then I covered the top of the car with paper to prevent dust accumulating in the interior.
 I also taped the holes of the taillight and others shut. And then I grinded the crack to the bare metal.
 I then prepared some filler and that has to cure .
Tomorrow we will continue with the repair and also start sanding the car in preparation for the new paint. The color will be the same. It is mostly the varnish that needs to be redone.

No comments:

Post a Comment