Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Touching up

Today I got help from 2 of my Co-workers.
They are here to finish the paint job. Sanding out dust spots and Polishing those sanded spot to get the car perfect.
 The picture above you are able to see the dust spots that have been sanded.
 This picture shows how is is sanded with 1500 grid paper  before sanding once more with 6000 grid paper. After that last sanding the paint is polished with a buffer wheel. These Co-workers are professionals and know what they are doing.

In the mean time I did a few other jobs.
First I prepared the Mustang lettering to go on the side of the car. The old glue is been removed. Then they are washed with a seal and bond remover and finally they are washed with acetone to remove that last spot of glue.
Later I will apply new double sided tape.

Then I had to make an adapter for putting air in the tires.
 At work I was given an adapter to inflate big truck tires. That adapter was modified to work together with a normal tire connector. Then that piece was connected to my tire pistol.
It was a lot of work with several tryouts to get it functioning properly.
With this modified tire pistol I could blow some much needed air in the tires. There was almost no air present. I inflated them to 2 Bar for now.
That was it for today. Tomorrow we will continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment