Friday, February 24, 2017

Racing stripes.

Today I first removed the paper around the area that was painted yesterday.
Then I started with the layout of the racing stripes that were on the original car.
I starting with putting some fine edge masking tape around the outlines.
 When the outlines were right I taped the whole car with paper to keep the overspray to a minimum.
 Next the space between the making tape was sanded with a fine gray scotch pad. Then everything was wiped down with a silicone remover and the parts are tack raged. And then the paint was applied with a small  paint gun with a fine needle. This was done to keep the paint layer thin and prevent to thick edges.
While the paint was drying I started with the preparation of the letters Mustang.
They first were cleaned with aceton.
 Then a special double sided tape designed for body work, was taped to the backside of the letters.
 And then a tedious work of cutting out the edge of the letters could start. With the use of a razor sharp x-acto knife and a scalpel.
  After a while this is the result. These letters are ready to glue back to the car.
But first I will have to make a mold.

No comments:

Post a Comment